jeudi 10 juillet 2014

Galerie la Tour, Montsales. Autoportraits. October 4th 2014.




In October, Galerie la Tour Montsalès will show Autoportraits. Four painters have been invited to show there. Patrick Laroche, Daniel Lefranc, Charles de Rodat, and I. So I am continuing to explore this in readiness. Actually I wrote, I am continuing to expire first instead of explore and that got me thinking because one of the things that might motivate me is that very fact, that I am in the process of disappearing so the point is to pin something down while I can. That takes in to account that everything changes minute by minute. Each new attempt must acknowledge that not only is each time different i.e. what one wants to achieve but that the reference shifts too, in the act of looking. Will the real Ian Warburton please stand up? One only has to look at Rembrandts selfies to understand what is taking place. Not only is his face changing but so too is the way he sees it.
I think it was Lucien Freud who commented that painting a portrait was like trying to hit a moving target.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire