vendredi 17 août 2012

Summer painting holiday.

This is where I have been in the last few weeks. 
The result of engaging with the drawings that I have already posted has been this: I didn't imagine the consequence of drawing would bring me here and when I was asked the other day whether it was a painting about light on the hill by the house, I knew that that observation was about right. I just had not made it my goal, which is not to say that I was unaware of the influence. This seems a small painting to me and would very much like to make something bigger now.




 
                                                   oil on paper on board. 125x125 cms.



Everyone is encouraged to take along holiday reading, soI have brought Straw Dogs,Thoughts on Humans and other animals. John Gray. Granta Books. After which I do need a holiday.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire