samedi 30 décembre 2017

Last painting of the year - the garden in winter.



The garden, the painting, the time it takes, the outcomes of chance. I have attempted to impose my will on this only to find that , in the end it was I who succumbed. I looked at the living garden, I looked away. I saw light and dark, solid and space and saw only paint and surface. It feels like defeat: another failure and another mark of my limitation.

So what next ? Another go, another approach. In these circumstances what else can we do ? Stop ? Go on ? To go on is all that is left. To stop is to acknowledge that I have wasted my time.

2 commentaires:

  1. Beautiful painting and words
    The grass is always greenest
    before the lambing season...

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Martin, Thanks. The grass is a bit yellow here. I suspect Roundup.

    RépondreSupprimer