mercredi 20 janvier 2016

Working on the Red Ash, now in winter.

                                                             
I began looking at this back in the summer and since the autumn have made a number of drawings towards a new set of paintings. The paring down of the information as the tree sheds its foliage sets new problems in terms of space and picture surface. Looking at various texts today I found Martin Buber and this seemed appropriate:
Through all of this the tree remains my object and has its place and its time span, its kind and condition.But it can also happen,if will and grace are joined, that I am drawn into a relation and the tree ceases to be an IT. The power of exclusiveness has seized me. The tree is no impression, no play of my imagination,no aspect of a mood; it confronts me bodily and has to deal with me as I must deal with it, only differently.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire