mardi 4 mars 2014

Gardening - late winter.


late winter/ early new year. oil on canvas. 50x50cm.


two trees. oil on canvas. 160x120cm.


Two paintings, one of which I keep returning to, one new, turning over the surface and moving things around. Gardening and painting, two compatible ideas. During that slow gestation period, deep resting, some settle into catalogues, order their seeds, others re-visit the site of battles lost and won, look for signs of re-newal.

1 commentaire:

  1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03yqt36

    Ian - I know you are centered on the figurative- but I came across this BBC interview with Euan Uglow. It is about the passion of painting.
    I really love his work- I dislike much of contemporary figurative because as Jed Perl say it looks like it has been exhumed- especially the return to the academic.

    RépondreSupprimer